Labels

Monday 19 March 2012

Panorama

I checked out a tripod in the morning full of ideas and then the weather changed. It was windy and rainy all day. It made photographing rather challening - panoramas sort of require the photographer to stand in an unsheltered open space with 360 views which do not provide much shelter from rain. I ended up draping a towel over myself and the tripod. It was my first time using a tripod and I encountered a problem: to place the camera on it in portrait format I had to slightly unscrew it from the base, so it wasn't completely fixed in place. This, combined with the wind and my chilly, shaky hands resulted in an uneven panorama despite using a tripod. You can see this in the first image. In the second image, I have used photoshop to remedy it.
 Another challenge was that the color of the sky seems to change in each image.  I tried to address this by using automatic setting but in the blurry rain the camera was having trouble focusing and was unable to take some of the shots. I set the exposure  and focused manually, but the color discrepencies remained.
I took several rounds of panoramas, stopping to step inside and wipe my camera off.  Several of my shots were completely blurred by rain on the lens.  The rain was a challenge, but I also really loved the effect it provided on the photos. Some of the really wet ones seem to almost sparkle, and the light refracting off of the mist created the lovely pastel colors in the pictures.

raw:

corrected:

Compilation of my favorite of each section from all of the panorama sequences:


Edited final:

Contact Sheet for Panorama:

No comments:

Post a Comment