Labels

Sunday 11 March 2012

Wandering and looking

Over the last few days I've been wandering around in the bits of time I have between classes and looking for places/spaces that catch my interest. 




This is my back porch. I wanted to photograph it because the other night I was hanging out on it just after sunset and I got up to get a drink and as I was walking back to the porch it struck me as having a very distinct vibe; lazy and warm, my friends with their feet up on it and the light from the porch and the sunset.  This picture is during the afternoon and definitely doesn't have the same feel, so I'll try again at night.


This is a little space between my house and the abandoned one next door. It's unused and something about it struck me as odd, awkwardly placed, and cute.


This is a tree in the botanical gardens that I really wanted to photograph. Its as big as a small house, a large cylinder. From the outside you can't see in. Inside it is completely empty, and you can sit in the branches like its your living room.  If you climb all the way up, the space opens out above you to the sky/stars and in front of you is a panoramic view of Wellington. It is a literal space in the sense that it is open inside and also an emotional space it reflects a home.




This is a playground near my house. I liked the juxtaposition of the scary spider web and the slides but as a space, this isn't that interesting to me.


This is a modern day version of one of the oldest kinds of space in civilization, an amphitheater.  As a space, I find it interest because of its diverse purposes, the effect of the architecture on acoustics, and the way that it is embedded in nature here.



I just really liked symmetry and quality of light from the train and reflection and the overheads.



This is in the botanical gardens. I LOVE tree-houses (especially ones that are professionally built and function as full time homes for people). This is a very simple tree house that allows grownups to get the joys of being up high in a canopy. I like the symmetry, the multiple angles I am able capture due to the landscape, and the repetition of the railings. As of today this is my first choice.






No comments:

Post a Comment